Full-Time Manager – Service Desk
VAM Systems is currently looking for Manager – Service Desk for our UAE operations with the following skillsets & terms and conditions:
Skill set Required:
• 6-8 years in IT environment, with 2-4 years of which managing the service desk, 24×7 critical operations preferably in aviation.
• ITIL advance is a must
• Experienced in help desk and remote-control software is a must.
• Solid technical back ground with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience.Customer-service oriented with an ability to motivate own team to achieve specific goals.
• Proven record in implementing and monitoring infrastructure projects.
• Proven skills in carrying out bug fixes and applying patches.
• Experienced in managing operations and technology platforms – both internally and externally hosted.
• Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending solutions.
• Possesses effective persuasive, negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Employs technical expertise and interpersonal skills to execute new initiatives and achieve company’s objectives.
• Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
• CCNP/ CCIE/ MCSE/ RHEL ITIL Certification are advantage.
• Fluent in English Language.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Leads the service desk team to carry out customer support operations properly and promptly, monitors and evaluates the overall performance to ensure problems are timely responded to and accurately resolved.
2. Ensures all problems and gaps handled by the service desk are rightly identified and appropriate technical/non-technical solutions are applied.
3. Establishes/maintains excellent relationships with clients, stakeholders, business users, suppliers, vendors and other ISA teams to ensure improvements in the products and services provided to ISA clients and to resolve any problems.
4. Develops and implements customer service delivery standards to better serve ISA’s vision, mission and business requirements and to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty. Partners with line managers to drive related activities results, bringing on board highest level of creativity in service.
5. Creates support knowledge base by managing the development and communication of IT support manuals, technical notes and articles to clients in line with SLAs.
6. Contributes to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and managing complaints directly or through the service desk team; provides clients’ feedback to the different ISA teams.
7. Contributes to the development and implementation of processes and service level agreements of incidents management and service requests management.
8. Ensures a complete and accurate database of IT assets within ISA is established and maintained, and all security, integrity, and business continuity controls and documents are being applied within the respective area.
9. Provides necessary support and guidance in evaluating, testing, and implementing new technology such as systems and platforms. Participates in different projects as required.
10. Ensures proper recording and closure of all claims; develops daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity.Identifies and manages the service desk budget estimates/expenditure in line with ISA’s guiding principles. Provides required support on budget issues to the Head of Operations as needed.
11. Partners with HR to set objectives and identify KPIs for the respective team members; ensures his/her subordinates are fully aware and knowledgeable of their targets. Provides on-going support and supervision to the team members to assist them achieve their goals and bridge any gaps identified.
12. Conducts regular reviews and assessment for the function related work flow and operating procedures to enhance the process and maximize productivity.Performs any other additional duties as directed by the head of the department/management.
13. Demonstrates continual improvement in Service Desk performance leveraging people, process and technologies.
14. Aligns the Service Desk to ITIL best practices leading to eventual accreditation in 18 months
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: (15 – 30 days)
The selected candidates shall be a direct employee of one of the leading Organizations in UAE.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at email@example.com
37 total views, 6 today