Full-Time IT Service Desk Consultant
Höegh Autoliners is a people-driven company with the belief that businesses should not only be forming lasting services but also lasting careers. We want to work with people who are incredibly team-oriented, jump head-first into a challenge, and always maintain a high-bar for excellence.
If that sounds like the type of team you want to join, we can’t wait to meet you!
A Little About Us
Höegh Autoliners is a global player in Ro/Ro deep sea transportation services and operates the greenest fleet in this segment. The company owns and operates approx. 40 Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) in global trade systems, making around 3 000 port calls yearly. Managed from a worldwide network of around 16 offices, our main customers are major manufacturers of new cars, heavy machinery and other rolling stock. We are working towards a goal of zero emissions by 2050 and have an exciting roadmap to achieve this.
A Lot About You
You are skilled IT professional who is passionate about resolving issues with computer hardware or software. You are keen to respond to user inquiries, assess problems and issues with IT equipment and applications, and with an excellent background in network and system configuration. You thrive working with a team of smart, and talented IT professionals. You can both take and give constructive feedback and enjoy active team discussions. You are someone who enjoys challenging work and is curious and driven.
You will be reporting to the IT Support Manager.
- Create a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude
- Ensure customer satisfaction through professional, timely and high quality IT support, and that service is executed in accordance with established SLA’s – KPI’s and business requirements;
- Analyse and resolve incidents and requests regarding use of application software or hardware. Document resolutions and update self-help and staff knowledge bases.
- Workplace support towards end users. This includes, but is not limited to PC support, client and server software, printers, mobile phones and collaboration systems
- Office support which includes meeting room equipment, network printers and telephony
- Resolve requests on first contact, or perform all service requests as requested by end users following the established policies and procedures for each of them
- Maintain and protect confidentiality with regard to all aspects of employee information
- Adhere to Code of Conduct and Mission and Value statements
- Perform other lawful functions/duties as assigned
- Demonstrate ability to learn customer support processes and techniques.
Network support for hardware and software
- Provide first level of support for computer networks utilized by Höegh Autoliners, This will involve troubleshooting of routers and switches and connections to SAAS and Public Cloud services and configurations of the same.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software, hardware, and other network and system problems together with the Infrastructure team.
- Monitor overall network performance to help decide if changes want to be made
- Advantage if can carry out the configuration of routing, firewalls, and switching equipment
- A proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes (ITIL)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Competency in MS Office Suite and other office productivity tools and applications
- Competency in support tracking tools
- Have a good understanding of hardware and network infrastructure
- Help desk experience and ability to provide technical and end-user support
- High level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills in an international environment.
Nice To Have
- Proficiency in using support software tools is desired
- Customer service orientation and/or prior customer service training
- Degree in Computer Science studies and/or vast experience within the field of IT Service Management
- Experience and knowledge of the shipping industry
- Microsoft Office 365 Administration knowledge
We believe that building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment for working and learning leads to a better workplace, better ideas and more inspiring conversations.
How to ApplyPlease create your profile and send your application directly to our Application Portal - IT Service Desk Consultant
53 total views, 1 today