Full-Time Database & Middleware Engineer
VAM Systems is currently looking for Database & Middleware Engineer for our Bahrain operations with the following terms and conditions:
Database & Middleware Engineer role will be responsible for management and administration of the all databases and middleware in a hybrid environment.
The role will also be responsible for managing and supporting the administration of the middleware and databases regionally.
The role requires excellent communication skills, ability to take ownership and analytical skills.
Minimum requirements of role
- Bachelor or master’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent hands-on experience
- Good in database design, documentation and coding
- Extensive experience with database technologies like Oracle and Microsoft sqlserver
- Good to have Mongo dB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS , Azure Database
- Strong command of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge on webservices especially SOAP and REST API’s
- Should have experience working with MS IIS, Tomcat, Apache and other J2EE container technologies.
- Experienced in trouble shooting and automated deployment to application servers like WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Experience with Automation and DevOps tools such Azure Devops and AWS code pipeline and code build.
- Proficiency with performance tuning of JVM, EJB and data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Expertise in SSL certificates.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Oracle Certified Professional and Microsoft Certified DBA
- Certification /Training in IIS (Webserver)
- Certification / Training in WebLogic & JBOSS.
- AWS Database Specialty certified (Good to have)
- AWS Security Specialty certified (Good to have)
Communication and Soft Skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Critical and analytical thinking and creativity
- Active listening and empathy – ability to listen and understand users to address their needs
- Team player – ability to work with a team and influence a positive collaborative culture
- Ability to prioritize workload appropriately based on the impact on the business
Main responsibilities (minimum of 3 key points in category please) will include:
- Administer database and middleware on hybrid platforms.
- Develop processes for optimizing database and middleware security.
- Set and maintain CIS benchmark standards for database and middleware.
- Manage middleware and databases on the cloud environments
- Optimize middleware and database licenses and workload
- Monitoring and compliance of database and middleware platforms.
- Install, upgrade, patch and manage middleware and database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot middleware and database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database and middleware technologies.
- Create automation for repeating middleware and database tasks.
- Manage database and middleware backup, recovery, security and integrity
- Manage batch processing and ETL jobs (SSIS, SSAS)
- Deploy web applications on our platforms supporting business applications.
- Assist application support team in program debugging through heap and thread dump analysis.
- Document best practices and support procedures
- Participate in internal and external audits related to the area of the role and execute necessary actions as per the timelines.
- Provide after-hours support for Database and middleware related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Maintain database and middleware inventory and configuration documentation
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Familiarity with Database and solution design and propose the right architecture for new applications
Terms and conditions
Joining time frame: (15 – 30 days)
The selected candidates shall join VAM Systems – Bahrain and shall be deputed to one of the leading Organizations in Bahrain.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at firstname.lastname@example.org
14 total views, 1 today